Thursday 18 April 2013

Final Film Article...



This is my final review page as part of my ancillary task. Personally I am very proud of this piece of work and I have receive a large number of compliment about it in regards to it looking very professional.

I believe that my film review page is up to the standards of the professional review pages found in Total Film.

I have included a number of typical codes and conventions in my review page from Total Film such as a basic information box, a star rating, the page number, website, magazine name, publish date and a distinguishable header.

I have also used a consistant house style throughout the review page and emulated the style from total film. I stuck to a simple, basic but effective colour scheme of red, black and white making my review page look sophisticated, crisp and fresh. Looking through a number of Total Film reviews I recognised that at the start of the article the first letter of the first word is always large than the rest of the article and white backed on read therefore in keeping with the rest of my article I emulated this too.

I changed the image of my review page as I found that the original image that I used was although very representative of the film was very disconnected and inpersonal as there was not really a human element to it and because my film is directly related to emotions and I wanted the audience to connect with my character I changed it to a more personal image.

Whilst writing my article I tried to write in the style of Total Film reviewers - although this look several drafts I believe that in the end I grasped it and pulled it off successfully. I found that Total Film reviews would be very opinionated and analytic of the film so therefore this is how I wrote.

No comments:

Post a Comment