Friday 19 April 2013

Final Video...




Above I have posted my final edit of 'Don't Judge a Boy By His Glasses" I am very proud of it as I have put a lot of time and effort into creating it; there are still some little flaws with it mostly concerning the sound but I feel that overall  it is a good quality and successful piece. I have got a lot of positive feed back and provoked discussion following my short film which tells me that it has been effective in communicating the ideologies I wanted it to and that it is worth watching.

The sound in my final scene is a little sketchy but I have edited it and although it is not perfect I believe that it is an improvement and is no longer that noticeable unless you are listening for it.

Although the sound is flawed in my final scene it is probably the one I am most proud of due to the camera movement that I have used in it and what I have done with it in the editing process. In my planning process I knew I would have some trouble with making the final scene different from the rest so I spent a lot of time looking for a video filter in the editing process – using ‘vintagette’ has made it contrast with the rest of the piece which is in normal colour or black and white.

I feel that because I converted many of the scenes to black and white this gives of the idea of a dream world and the audience can distinguish between my protagonist’s thoughts and reality but also I believe that it communicates the emotions of sadness and hopelessness throughout the piece. My decision to convert these parts into black and white has also meant that my film has a much more serious and respected message.

No comments:

Post a Comment