Tuesday 11 October 2011

Emulated Front Covers

My Inspiration for my School Magazine Front Cover came from these following professional magazines:



What I like about the SHOUT front cover was that:
The masthead stands out at you
The main story go over the top of the main image
The way that the thing you could WIN is in a callout circle


From this magazine what I am going to incorporate is:
The puffs and cover stories are going over the main image
Use of different colours
And
Call outs to get the readers attention










What I like about this magazine:
The fact that there is more than just one person in the front cover
The masthead is caps locks so it stands out a lot
I also like how they have used a realistic, scenic background

From this magazine what I'm going to incorporate is:
How there is more than one person in the shot to give the magazine more of community feel
Having masthead in a bold colour and font
and
by using an interesting, scenic background of a school location.







Thing I like about this magazine:
I like that the masthead is in a bold font and that it is behind the head of the cover star suggesting people don't need to read the name because they are regular reader.
I also like how COSMOPOLITAN uses only three colours for the typography's colour.
I also like the face that the bestselling stories are in the boldest and brightest fonts.

What I'm going to incorporate in my magazine:
If I was to put my magazine into production then my main audience would be regular readers so I would have the idea of this magazine
I will also change the size, colour and layout of the font to make the audience know what stories are important and to highlight on the selling points.
I am going to keep a house style in my contents page and my front cover because then it looks more professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment