Sunday 23 October 2011

Emulations for Contents Page

My inspiration for my contents page came from the magazine Prima.
Here are to examples:


The things I like about this magazine is:

The layout - what I like about the lay out it that it is all located to one side of the page I think this looks sophisticated. It also makes it easy to read.
The colours - Prima uses alternating colours this is good on a practical level, as the text is so close together it would be easy to get on line mixed up with another so by using different colours it makes it easy to see what page number belongs to what story. I also like the colour because it makes the magazine look more appealing.
The picture - what I like about the pictures is where the are laid out, they are all opposite the writing this gives a very scrapbook feel which I'd like to incorporate into my magazine. In addition I like how they have put page numbers and captions onto the pictures so you can see which picture relates to which story.

This is the contents page of Shout:




What I am going to emulate from shout is the fact that the contents page is only on one of the pages, Shout is a good example to use because its target audience is very nearly the same as mine so if I am to emulate it I would hopefully have the same effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment